Relax & Detox in a Pink Salt Bathby Diana Ross on 12/04/12
Yes, bathing in a warm Himalayan crystal “pink salt” bath for 20+ minutes does promote deep relaxation, plus helps to detox your body too. This healthy salt bath can be considered as a complementary therapy if used with the intention to restore the body with its active 84 essential minerals and 11 trace minerals. This salt is the oldest and purest salt on the planet. It is spoken of as the “good salt.”
Your skin is known as the third kidney, or the Wei Chi and toxins are excreted through the third kidney by sweating. A detox bath, or “solay” bath is used to assist your body in eliminating toxins through the skin as well as absorbing the minerals and nutrients. Most of all, it'll leave you feeling refreshed and awakened.
Relax & Detox Bath Instructions
- Schedule this special quiet time for yourself.
- Fill Tub with hot water and melt the salt first, then add water. Not too hot please.
- Add 1 cup of “Pink Salt” aka Himalayan Salt to receive its healing benefits.
- Enter bath slowly and soak for at least 20 minute however, 30 is recommended.
- Add background relaxation items listed below.
Options to Add Relaxation to Bath Time
- Mist the bath area with a “Lavender” aromatherapy hydrosol, and breathe in the beautiful therapeutic scent and relax.
- Light a candle to add room soft lighting.
- Use a dry brush to help stimulate the lymphatic system and to remove dry dead skin. Nothing feels better than this dry brush massage.
Additional Options to Consider During Bath Time
- Set up audio player to listen and practice therapeutic breathing exercises. Learning and practicing breathing exercises can help manage stress, promote relaxation and aide in sleeping disorders.
- Sip a “Calm” medicinal herbal tea blend during your bath. Our Breast Cancer Yoga “Calm” tea blend contains Oatstraw and Chamomile, both of which are proven medicinal relaxation herbs.
After Bath Care
Be sure to stand up slowly and with care. Baths can make a person feel dizzy or lightheaded. Have a towel ready. Be sure to drink plenty of water afterwards to rehydrate the healthy relaxed cells.
Pink Salt Offered By Breast Cancer Yoga
Visit Breast Cancer Yoga and try our Pink Salt bath crystals. Breast Cancer Yoga also offers therapeutic gift baskets that include all the above mentioned products. Try these wonderful gift baskets or show how much care and share a basket with a friend.